Thursday, October 24, 2013

Prayer for a Confident Heart

Last week, I started an amazing new Bible study through Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies. The study is based on the book, A Confident Heart by Renee Swope, and the truth and wisdom found in its pages is refreshing! Here's one of my favorite quotes from this week's chapter: 
"Our hearts leak and will always end up empty when we find our worth in anything but who we are in Christ."
Since my 31 Days series is on prayer, I thought it would be appropriate to pen a prayer about what I'm learning through this truth-filled study:

Father, I need you.

When doubts haunt my mind
And life seems so unsure,
I pray and nothing happens…
Every sentence feels stilted and forced
Like small talk with a stranger.

Emptiness creeps into my soul
With all of its despair,
And I try to find peace
Somewhere, anywhere
But where I should –
In You.

When these times come,
Draw me back, Father.

Fill my empty places with
The fullness of all that You are.
Remind me to run to You,
For in your perfect love,
I find refuge.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This post is part of my series, 31 Days to a Powerful Prayer Life. Click here to view links for each day in the series. Bloggers everywhere are linking up their 31 Day series this month to The Nester's blog!
 
i'm doing it!
 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. Praying in agreement with you. Thanks for sharing!
    Lauren, P31 OBS blog hop team

    ReplyDelete